In the academic year 2018/2019 Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD), in co-operation with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, offers scholarships for young diplomats and civil servants to participate in the training program International Relations and European Integration taking place at the Estonian School of Diplomacy in Tallinn, from September 17, 2018 until May 31, 2019.
– Training course International Relations and European Integration with the value of 60 ECTS credit points starts on September 17, 2018 and ends on May 31, 2019;
– Successful students will receive the ESD Diploma and Academic Record;
– Students from Estonia and from other countries study together. Language of instruction is English;
– Lecturers come from Estonia, other European countries and the United States;
– See curriculum for 2018/2019 HERE;
– The training course includes three thematic modules:
– tuition fee;
– monthly allowance (450 EUR);
– accommodation in Tallinn (incl. utilities and internet connection);
– health insurance in Estonia during the studies;
– cost of Schengen visa and Estonian residence permit;
– scholarship does NOT cover the costs of travel to and from Tallinn.
The person applying for the scholarship:
– comes from a country eligible for ODA (see http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/daclist.htm)
– is not older than 35 years (when applying);
– has at least a BA degree;
– has very good command of English (speaking, reading, writing skills are required at the advanced level);
– is currently employed by their country’s/territory’s foreign or civil service and has been working there for at least one year (priority will be given to those candidates who work for Ministry of Foreign Affairs);
– is highly motivated to learn about international relations and related disciplines. Priority will be given for the candidates strongly motivated to continue their professional careers within the service of their respective country/territory;
– is hard-working, co-operative and ready for cross-cultural study environment.
The applicant should present:
– ESD application form (downloadable from HERE);
– CV in English;
– Motivation letter (1 page/300-400 words, explaining the reasons for applying, previous experience and how the studies will benefit the student’s future development);
– Copies of university transcript in (unofficial) English translation, i.e. diploma of higher education and academic record;
– Copy of (international) passport;
– 1 passport-sized photograph (to be added to the application form);
– Academic essay (1,300-1,500 words with references) to be written on one of the chosen topics below:
- My three visions on future US foreign policy
- Europe after Brexit
- A new international settlement for the Middle East
- Quo vadis Eastern Partnership?
- Options for the EU and US politics towards Russia after Crimean annexation
– Application documents can be submitted by using Online Scholarship Application System.
– Application must reach ESD by June 8, 2018 at the latest. Skype interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
– All candidates will be informed by e-mail about their application status at the latest on June 22, 2018.
– Selected participants are expected to arrive in Tallinn on September 15-16, 2018.
– For further questions please contact Kristiina-Maria Ploom firstname.lastname@example.org