In the academic year 2019/2020 Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD), in co-operation with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, offers full scholarships for young diplomats and civil servants to participate in the Postgraduate Certificate program International Relations and European Integration taking place at ESD in Tallinn, from September 2019 until May 2020.
– Training course International Relations and European Integration with the value of 60 ECTS credit points starts on September 16, 2019 and ends on May 31, 2020;
– Successful students will receive ESD Certificate and Academic Record;
– Students from Estonia and from other countries study together. Language of instruction is English;
– Lecturers come from Estonia, other European countries and the United States;
– See curriculum for 2019/2020 HERE;
– The training course includes three thematic modules:
– tuition fee;
– monthly allowance (450 EUR);
– accommodation in Tallinn (incl. utilities and internet connection);
– health insurance in Estonia during the studies;
– cost of Schengen visa;
– scholarship does NOT cover the costs of travel to and from Tallinn.
The person applying for the scholarship:
– comes from a country eligible for ODA (see http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/daclist.htm)
– is not older than 35 years (when applying);
– has at least a BA degree;
– has very good command of English (speaking, reading, writing skills are required at the advanced level);
– is currently employed by their country’s/territory’s foreign or civil service and has been working there for at least one year (priority will be given to those candidates who work for Ministry of Foreign Affairs);
– is highly motivated to learn about international relations and related disciplines. Priority will be given for the candidates strongly motivated to continue their professional careers within the service of their respective country/territory;
– is hard-working, co-operative and ready for cross-cultural study environment.
The applicant should present:
– ESD application form (downloadable from HERE);
– CV in English;
– Motivation letter (1 page/300-400 words, explaining the reasons for applying, previous experience and how the studies will benefit the student’s future development);
– Copies of university transcript in (unofficial) English translation, i.e. diploma of higher education and academic record;
– Copy of (international) passport;
– 1 passport-sized photograph (to be added to the application form);
– Academic essay (1,300-1,500 words with references) to be written on one of the chosen topics below:
- Current challenges of Europe
- Changing world order – post-American world as a new reality?
- Middle East as a ground of great power rivalry – new era but old problems?
- National, regional and global impact of Brexit
- The role of leaders in the era of unpredictability
- Small state foreign policy – challenges and opportunities
– Application documents can be submitted by using Online Scholarship Application System.
– Application must reach ESD by June 9, 2019 at the latest. Skype interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
– All candidates will be informed by e-mail about their application status at the latest on June 20, 2019.
– Selected participants are expected to arrive in Tallinn on September 15, 2019.
– For further questions please contact Kristiina-Maria Ploom email@example.com