On December 9-14, 2018 ESD had the utmost pleasure of hosting Ukrainian delegation in Tallinn. The intese week focused mainly on security topics and strategic communicaton, and included visits to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Riigikogu, and Government Office of Estonia. In addition, the delegation got first-hand knowledge from specialists of Nordic-Baltic relations, ICT, media, and economic diplomacy. One of the highlights of the study visit was the public workshop where experts from Estonia, Ukraine, Sweden, and Lithuania had the chance to share insights and concerns on energy security.
The UA delegation consisted of:
1) Emir Rustamov – first secretary, Balkans region department, MFA
2) Tamara Herlib – first secretary, department of Sub-Saharan Africa region, MFA
3) Nataliia Bakalova – second secretary, department of Northern Africa, MFA
4) Mariia Cholach – third secretary, legal department, MFA
5) Yevhenii Bondarets – attache’, department of the Middle East, MFA
6) Argam Gasparian – third secretary, department of the South Caucasus and Turkey, MFA
7) Yevhen Mankovskyi – specialist, human resources department, MFA
8) Maryna Popovych – chief consultant, foreign affairs committee, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
9) Marko Skral – state expert, expert group on political dialogue, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
10) Nataliia-Tereza Anoshyna – deputy head of foreign affairs and European integration department, administration of the President
11) Sergiy Korsunsky – director, Diplomatic Academy of Ukraine (DAU)
12) Yevgeniya Gaber – deputy director, Diplomatic Academy of Ukraine (DAU)
The visit of the UA delegation is the first activity of a two year development co-operation project between ESD and DAU, financed by the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.