Every year, the Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD), in co-operation with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, offers scholarships for young diplomats and civil servants to participate in its 9-month certificate programme on International Relations and European Integration. The study programme takes place at the Estonian School of Diplomacy in Tallinn, over two semesters, beginning in September and ending in May of the following year. *2020/2021 group started exceptionally in October and will end in June.
The programme for 2021/2022 academic year is available here. Academic year 2021/2022 will start on 14 September 2021 and end on 27 May 2022.
- Tuition fees;
- A monthly stipend (€450.00);
- Accommodation in Tallinn (including internet and utilities);
- Health insurance in Estonia during the period of study;
- The cost of obtaining a Schengen visa;
- NB: Scholarship does NOT include costs of travel to and from Estonia.
Scholarship applicants should:
- Come from a country eligible for overseas development assistance (ODA) (see list of countries here);
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree;
- Have an advanced command of English (speaking, reading, and writing);
- Be currently employed by (and have been working for at least one year at) the foreign or civil service of their country/territory;
- Be highly motivated to learn about international relations and related disciplines. Priority will be given to candidates who intend to continue their professional careers in the civil or diplomatic service of their country/territory;
- Be hard-working, co-operative, and prepared for an intercultural study environment.
The applicant should complete/submit by 31 May 2021:
- Application with a passport-sized photo
- CV in English
- Personal statement [motivation letter], 1 page [300-400 words] in length, explaining the reasons why you are applying, your relevant previous experience, and how studying at ESD will benefit your future professional development
- Copy of the degree diploma from the institution of higher education attended most recently (accompanied by unofficial English translation if the diploma is not in English)
- Copy of the academic record from the institution of higher education attended most recently (with unofficial English translation if necessary)
- Copy of passport photo/data page
- An academic essay of 4 pages (1,300-1,500 words with references) to be written on one of the topics below:
- Impact of Covid-19 to the future of Europe
- China – a partner or a foe?
- Multilateral reset in the US – dream or reality?
- Is soft power a successful tool to tackle the climate crisis?
- Digital diplomacy – interim measure or way forward?
- Application documents can be submitted by using Online Scholarship Application System.
- Application must reach ESD by 31 May 2021 the latest. Skype interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
- All candidates will be informed by e-mail about the result of their application no later than 18 June 2021.
- Selected participants are expected to arrive in Tallinn on 10-12 September 2021.
- For further questions please contact us at email@example.com.