Every year, the Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD), in co-operation with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, offers scholarships for young diplomats and civil servants to participate in its 9-month certificate programme on International Relations and European Integration. The study programme takes place at the Estonian School of Diplomacy in Tallinn, over two semesters, beginning in October and ending in June of the following year. *2022/23 group started exceptionally in October and will end in June.
The programme for 2022/23 academic year is available here.
- Tuition fees;
- A monthly stipend (€450.00);
- Accommodation in Tallinn (including internet and utilities);
- Health insurance in Estonia during the period of study;
- The cost of obtaining a Schengen visa;
- NB: Scholarship does NOT include costs of travel to and from Estonia.
Scholarship applicants should:
- Come from a country eligible for overseas development assistance ODA: Uganda, Ukraine, Kenya, Georgia, Armenia, Botswana, Moldova, Namibia;
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree;
- Have an advanced command of English (speaking, reading, and writing);
- Be currently employed by (and have been working for at least one year at) the foreign or civil service of their country/territory;
- Be highly motivated to learn about international relations and related disciplines. Priority will be given to candidates who intend to continue their professional careers in the civil or diplomatic service of their country/territory;
- Be hard-working, co-operative, and prepared for an intercultural study environment.
The applicant should complete/submit by 22 August 2022:
- Application with a passport-sized photo
- CV in English
- Personal statement [motivation letter], 1 page [300-400 words] in length, explaining the reasons why you are applying, your relevant previous experience, and how studying at ESD will benefit your future professional development
- Copy of the degree diploma from the institution of higher education attended most recently (accompanied by unofficial English translation if the diploma is not in English)
- Copy of the academic record from the institution of higher education attended most recently (with unofficial English translation if necessary)
- Copy of passport photo/data page
- An academic essay of 4 pages (1,300-1,500 words with references) to be written on one of the topics below:
- Impact of the War in Ukraine to the Future of Europe
- China – a Partner or a Foe?
- Is the Green Revolution Possible??
- Digital Diplomacy – Interim Measure or Way Forward?
- Brexit Delivered. Was it Worth it??
- Application documents can be submitted by using Online Scholarship Application System.
- Application must reach ESD by 22 August 2022 the latest. Zoom interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
- All candidates will be informed by e-mail about the result of their application no later than 26 August 2022.
- Selected participants are expected to arrive in Tallinn on 6-10 October 2022.
- For further questions please contact us at edk(at)edk.edu.ee.