Every year, the Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD) provides a 9-month certificate programme on International Relations and European Integration. The study programme takes place at the Estonian School of Diplomacy in Tallinn, over two semesters, beginning in September and ending in May of the following year. *2022/2023 group started exceptionally in October and will end in May.
The programme for 2022/2023 academic year is available here. Academic year 2022/2023 will start on 11 October 2022 and end on 09. June 2023.
Admission Requirements for Non-Scholarship Applicants
Students applying to the nine-month study programme on International Relations and European Integration at the Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD) should have:
- An interest in international relations;
- At least a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree;
- Advanced knowledge of English in order to be able to participate actively in class discussions and to understand specialized texts.
- Knowledge of other languages and previous study of relevant topics are considered as an advantage;
The applicant should complete/submit latest on 15 June 2022:
- Application with a passport-sized photo
- CV in English
- Personal statement [motivation letter]; 1 page [300-400 words] in length, explaining the reasons for applying and outlining relevant previous experience
- Copy of the degree diploma from the institution of higher education attended most recently (accompanied by English translation if the diploma is not in English or Estonian)
- Copy of the academic record from the institution of higher education attended most recently (with unofficial English translation if necessary)
- Copy of passport photo/data page [or of Estonian ID card]
- Bank payment order for the €20.00 application fee
- Bank details: account number: EE041010220071516018, recipient: Eesti Diplomaatide Kooli SA, explanation: applicant´s first and last names; 2022-2023 application
- An academic essay of 4 pages (1,300-1,500 words with references) to be written on one of the topics below:
- Impact of the War in Ukraine to the Future of Europe
- China – a Partner or a Foe?
- Is the Green Revolution Possible??
- Digital Diplomacy – Interim Measure or Way Forward?
- Brexit Delivered. Was it Worth it?
Application documents can be submitted:
- In person at the ESD office, Rävala pst 12,10143, Tallinn (please make an appointment in advance by calling +372 631 1051); or
- By using the Online Application System for non-scholarship position.
Deadline for applications is 15 June 2022.
After submitting the initial application documents, candidates will be invited to the second round – a short interview – at ESD. This year, the second round will take place by 21 June at the office of Estonian School of Diplomacy (Rävala pst 12, 4th floor). We will contact the applicants to agree the time of the interview.
All candidates will be informed by e-mail about the result of their application by 22 June 2022.
For further questions please contact us at edk(at)edk.edu.ee.