In the academic year 2020/2021 Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD), in co-operation with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, offers full scholarships for young diplomats and civil servants to participate in the Postgraduate Certificate program International Relations and European Integration taking place at ESD in Tallinn, from October 2020 until June 2021.
- Training course International Relations and European Integration with the value of 60 ECTS Credit Points starts on October 13, 2020 and ends on June 11, 2021;
- Successful students will receive ESD Certificate and Academic Record;
- Students from Estonia and from other countries study together. Language of instruction is English;
- Lecturers come from Estonia, other European countries;
- Detailed curriculum for 2020/2021 is available on ESD website;
- The training course includes three thematic modules:
European Integration Studies;
- tuition fee;
- monthly allowance (450 EUR);
- accommodation in Tallinn (incl. utilities and internet connection);
- health insurance in Estonia during the studies;
- cost of Schengen visa;
- scholarship does NOT cover the costs of travel to and from Tallinn.
The person applying for the scholarship:
- comes from a country eligible for ODA
- is not older than 35 years (when applying);
- has at least a BA degree;
- has very good command of English (speaking, reading, writing skills are required at the advanced level);
- is currently employed by their country’s/territory’s foreign or civil service, and has been working there for at least one year;
- is highly motivated to learn about international relations and related disciplines. Priority will be given to the candidates strongly motivated to continue their professional careers within the service of their respective country/territory;
- is hard-working, co-operative and ready for cross-cultural study environment.
The applicant should present:
- ESD application form (downloadable at ESD website);
- CV in English;
- Motivation letter (1 page/300-400 words, explaining the reasons for applying, previous experience and how the studies will benefit the student’s future development);
- copies of university transcript in (unofficial) English translation, i.e. diploma of higher education and academic record;
- copy of (international) passport;
- 1 passport-sized photograph (to be added to the application form);
- academic essay (1,300-1,500 words with references) to be written on one of the following topics:
- The geopolitical Europe – right timing or too late?
- The post-COVID-19 world order – Chinese leadership as a new reality?
- Role of NATO in the era of non-conventional threats (climate, pandemics, energy, and cyber).
- Do the `grey zone` areas bring peace or war?
- Challenges and opportunities of digital diplomacy.
- Application documents can be submitted from April 14 2020 by using Online Scholarship Application System.
- Application must reach ESD by August 3, 2020 at the latest. Skype interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
- All candidates will be informed by e-mail about their enrolment status the latest on August 10, 2020.
- Selected participants are expected to arrive to Tallinn on October 10-11, 2020.
- For further questions please contact Kristiina-Maria Ploom: firstname.lastname@example.org